Welcome to the Gay Gordons Manchester Website, the home of Scottish Country and Ceilidh dancing for the LGBT Community in Greater Manchester and their friends.
We are a group of Scottish Country Dance enthusiasts that felt the the Gay Community in Greater Manchester could benefit from something new and different.
It is a great way to exercise, to meet new people and to learn a new skill. It is open to everyone within the LGBT Community and their friends - from complete beginners to the more advanced dancer. The only stipulation is that you are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered or gay-friendly and are willing to dance.
Gay Gordons Manchester can be found on Facebook and Twitter @GayGordonsMcr
From Spring until late Autumn you will see the Gay Gordons Manchester within the Gay Village doing display dances and taking part in other major events throughout the year. Come along and join in the fun.
This site is updated on a regular basis with the latest news on what is happening with the GGM.
Why not become a member and make new friends. No experience of Scottish Dancing required, just a willingness to learn.
* Our dance classes are now being held in the upstairs bar of The Thompsons Arms, 23 Sackville St., Manchester starting at 7.45.
* Details of our next dance in March is now available - see “Dances” tab above.
* The Gay Gordons (Manchester) as well as the other two GG groups in London and Edinburgh are now affiliated to the Royal Scottish Country Dance Society (RSCDS)
* Details will follow shortly of our displays for 2015
* New for 2015 - Weddings catered for! Details to follow!